This pondering is similar in style to what Bill Reynolds does in the Saturday sport’s section.
- A big thank you to Nancy Fitzgerald and her PTO board for a wonderful opening of the year picnic at Colt State Park. The weather cooperated as we enjoyed a perfect sunset over the bay. We were able to welcome many new families to our school community.
- Last week we had a parish finance meeting. One bit of great news is that our parish debt is down to $63,450.00. As things look now we should be finished with the debt in February. At that point the committee is thinking of changing the debt reduction envelope to a capital maintenance envelope. This will allow us to keep up with improvements and repairs to the parish plant.
- The parish auction will be here before you know it. Mark your calendars for November 3 at Johnson and Wales in Seekonk. We are blessed to have an excellent committee organizing this event.
- Please pray for our religious education teachers as they are commissioned this weekend at all the masses. Also please pray for the success of the Alpha program that begins this Sunday evening.
- Lastly, my office window looks out at the rectory’s backyard. This time of the year I watch the comings and goings of our pre-school parents and their lovely children. It is a great blessing to be in a parish with a school. Forming young people’s hearts, minds and souls brings me great joy. Let us work together this year to build up the St. Luke’s community.
Fr. Bob Hawkins, September 17, 2006