- Continue to offer opportunities for our young people to connect with the parish. People are especially enthused about our mission trip experience. A woman commented that young people like to “do” rather than just listen. At the meeting we talked about our plans to hire a youth minister.
- Start a mentoring program for new parishioners. A veteran member would make contact with a new member of the parish.
- Need for a volunteer coordinator.
- Keep updating our web site and even have some of our young people help with the design.
- Have a quarterly penance service.
- Have seminars in adult education on themes like communication in marriage, how to
pray, scripture studies, etc.
- Make people aware of our Eucharistic adoration which occurs every Monday here at St. Luke’s.
I am very happy to be the pastor of this vibrant community. I am never bored!
Please support our mission this week as we welcome back Father David Gaffney.
Fr. Bob Hawkins - February 24, 2008