Saturday, March 03, 2007

Thank-you - Twice MARCH 3, 2007



As I write this brief note on Wednesday morning, I have just finished sorting through a mountain of mail. Most of the mail these days consists of sympathy cards. I never knew there were so many types of sympathy cards. Yet what all of them have in common is how lucky I am to have so many friends. Last year I received a thank you after attending a funeral. This note expresses the thoughts of my family.



“Perhaps you sent a lovely card, or sat in a chair.
Perhaps you sent us
beautiful flowers. If so, we saw them there.
Perhaps you spoke the kindest
words that any friend could say.
Perhaps you were not there at all, just
thought of us that day.
Whatever you did to console our hearts,
We thank you so much, whatever your part.”

Thank you to all who attended Father Creedon’s mission this week. Please keep me in your prayers as I preach a mission at Immaculate Conception Church in Cranston. Also, the search committee will meet for the first time this Thursday. Please keep that as well in your prayer intentions.
Fr. Bob Hawkins - MARCH 3, 2007

No comments: