Friday, November 10, 2006

Totally Voiceless - NOVEMBER 10, 2006

It was a strange weekend for me. During the Auction on Friday evening I started to lose my voice. By Saturday morning I was totally voiceless and in a panic. What to do about a St. Kevin’s wedding at 2:00? Mass here at 5:00? Who is going to cover the Sunday Masses here? Thank god for Fr. Matt, Ann Marie Beccue and so many others who came to my rescue. This was the first time I lost work due to illness for a total weekend in 31 years of ministry. Times like these remind us all that we are not indispensable and that God is in charge of our lives. God provides and sends angels to our side.

On Monday my family placed my mom in the Alzheimer’s unit at Somerset Ridge. It has been a long journey for her, my dad and my whole family. Thank you for your prayerful support.

Fr. Bob Hawkins - NOVEMBER 10, 2006

No comments: