Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving - NOVEMBER 26, 2006


During this Thanksgiving season I have much to be thankful for; a dynamic parish community, excellent nursing care for my mother and in general good health. Last Saturday over 900 coats were donated for the poor. A big thank you to Michele Pimental and Ann Molak who organized their Confirmation class for this great cause. Also, I am thankful for the Auction committee who marshaled together so many volunteers to make this event a success. During this season I am reminded of a prayer by Samuel Pugh -

“A THANKSGIVING PRAYER“


Oh, God, when I have food, help me remember the hungry;
When I have work, help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a warm home, help me to remember the homeless;
When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer;
And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency
And bestir my compassion.
Make me concerned enough to help, by word and deed,
those who cry out for what I take for granted.

Fr. Bob Hawkins - NOVEMBER 26, 2006

No comments: