Sunday, December 31, 2006

Just for Today - DECMBER 31, 2006

On this Holy Family weekend that ushers in the new year I have some suggestions for resolutions. They come under the title of, “Just for today”.

Just for today I will strengthen my mind and will learn something useful.
I will not be mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will be unafraid to be happy to enjoy what is beautiful, to love and believe that those I love really love me.
Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself; and in the half hour I will give thanks to Almighty God for the abundance that is mine.

As the year ends I give thanks to all of you for your generous gifts, encouraging words and numerous prayers. May God guide St. Luke’s parish in 2007.
Fr. Bob Hawkins - DECMBER 31, 2006

No comments: