Saturday, March 03, 2012

2012 Catholic Charity Fund - starts this week.


One of the pillars of Lent is almsgiving. By sharing what we have we are able to lessen hunger and want in the world. During this season there will be many opportunities to give: the Gabriel Project, the Rice Bowl, Have A Heart. But perhaps the oldest way to give is through the Catholic Charity Fund. This weekend we will have our first In-Pew solicitation. Our goal this year is a challenging one: $225,000. I am sure we will be able to reach it because of the incredible generosity of our parish. For the past three years we have finished first in the Diocese. Pray for the drive’s success. The poor are depending on us.
Fr. Bob Hawkins

1 comment:

Chuck said...

“Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared
for you since the creation of the world.
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
- Matthew 25