Monday, November 01, 2010

Catechist of the Year - Oct 31, 2010

Last Thursday night at SS John and Paul parish in Coventry Joyce Dube was honored as Catechist of the Year by Bishop Tobin. For many years Joyce has offered her time and talent to the great work of sharing the Good News with young people. She even knew my uncle Monsignor Charles McConnell (my mother’s brother) when he was head of CYO for the Diocese. That was some 50 years ago. Thank you Joyce for fulfilling the words of St. Francis: “Preach always, occasionally use words.” May the Lord continue to give you the energy to teach as He himself taught.

A big thank you to all who shared their prayerful greetings with me after surgery. Each day my hearing improves which allows me to hear your concerns, your wisdom, your great testimonies of faith.

Fr. Bob Hawkins

No comments: